Fundraiser /Corporate Engagement Manager in Madrid
Based in: Madrid
The World’s Big Sleep Out is a one-off charity campaign with the aim to help 1 million people experiencing homelessness around the world through a global programme of Sleep Out events in December 2019, fronted by A-List Celebrities. We are working with partners including UNICEF USA, Malala Fund and the Institute for Global Homelessness.
Founded by Josh Littlejohn MBE who co-founded Social Bite a charity in Scotland. Which has grown to become a major charity fighting to eradicate homelessness. Social Bite previously held Sleep in the Park over the last 3 years which has raised in excess of £8 Million. The charity has played host to celebrities such as George Clooney and Leonardo Di Caprio.
We would like to appoint a Fundraiser/Corporate Engagement Manager to drive sponsorship, fundraising and participation to the Madrid event.
Ideally, you will already work in the third sector within a fundraising capacity. However, we are also keen to speak with senior Business Development Managers. This is an opportunity to make a real difference to homelessness in Madrid.
This is a fixed term contract until December 2019.
The position will be Madrid based, reporting to the Head of Event Engagement in Edinburgh where the Head Office is situated and to our partner in Madrid, RAIS, to the Strategic Alliances Director.
- Providing an overview of fundraising channels and possibilities together with an assessment of feasibility and strategy proposal
- Researching/Identifying and contacting prospective sponsors and donors
- Initiate discussions and secure corporate partnerships and major donors from cold to agreed income targets
- Identify and develop international opportunities and prepare approach plans
- Secure relevant meetings with companies across a range of sectors
- Develop proposals and presentations for prospective partners
- Develop strong fundraising discourses that appeal to potential major donors
- Lead meetings with a range of corporate contacts
- Attend networking events to generate leads (potential donors)
- Develop and lead engagement plans for Madrid to reach senior decision makers and high net worth individuals
- Liaise with Event Manager and various stakeholders to identify sponsorship opportunities
- Working alongside the Head of Event Engagement to achieve target for Madrid
- Identify opportunities which will feed into the overall strategy
- Present sales, revenue, and forecasts weekly to the Head of Event Engagement
Candidate skills / experience
- Minimum 5 years Business Development or Corporate Fundraising experience is essential for this role
- Knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility / Charitable giving programme is desirable
- A strong interest to work in the third sector and passionate about making change
- Access to a network of senior leaders and High Net Worth Individuals
- Highly motivated to work remotely whilst keeping in close contact with the Head of Event Engagement based at Head Office
- Experience of strategic planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Confident presenting at C-Suite level
- Ability to operate and negotiate with confidence at a senior level
- Proven track record of winning, negotiating and delivering new business partnerships /charitable fundraising is desirable
- Fluency (level C) in English language
- Spanish Native Level
- The contract would be with ‘The World’s Big Sleep Out Trust’ – it would be an independent contractor fixed term contract until December 2019.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Between 35k and 45k euros.
Please send a CV and letter of application by 4th of June 2019